Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Snail Race


After the recent BrainBashers snail racing contest, the four contestants were congratulating each other. Only one snail wore the same number as the position it finished in. Alfred's snail wasn't painted yellow nor blue, and the snail who wore 3, which was painted red, beat the snail who came in third. Arthur's snail beat Anne's snail, whereas Alice's snail beat the snail who wore 1. The snail painted green, Alice's, came second and the snail painted blue wore number 4. Anne's snail wore number 1. Can you work out who's snail finished where, its number and the colour it was painted?

7 Comments:

At Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I have the answer. I'll email it to Mel separately so that the rest of you can still solve.

 
At Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:40:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I have an answer also, but I don't think I have Mel's email address. It's a bit annoying that there is supposed to be a green snail in the race and no green snail in the picture.

 
At Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Being the genius problem-solver that I am...I did find Mels email address for myself....

 
At Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I was wondering who would notice that their was a purple snail in place of the green one. That was the real puzzle. Congrats to Aunt Patti! The "queen" of Puzzleland! Ha!

 
At Friday, March 31, 2006 3:34:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Here is the answer to my "snail" puzzle. I do believe everyone that attempted it got it correct.

Owner Wore Color
1st Alfred 3 red
2nd Alice 2 green
3rd Arthur 4 blue
4th Anne 1 yellow

 
At Friday, March 31, 2006 6:54:00 PM, Blogger Caci said...

Oh well, I guess I am too slow to work on this site. I was gonna try to do this puzzle tonight, now that I have a chance to breathe...but Lissa already posted the answers....so I'll just say I got it right! sound fair? :-)

 
At Thursday, January 21, 2021 2:49:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

#
Owner
Wore
Colour
1
Alfred
3
red
2
Alice
2
green
3
Arthur
4
blue
4
Anne
1
yellow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home