Saturday, September 09, 2006

Three's Company at the Greasy Spoon


Ok, so this is going to be an EASY one, but hey at least I am posting something! Let me know when you figure it out...which should be very quickly!

Inspector Donna DiAnsa and police informer Stu Pidgeon sat together at a table in the Greasy Spoon Diner. Across the room, three men sat, talking.
"You say those three are known as Slick, Smiley and Mug," said the Inspector, taking out her notebook, "but which is which, Stu? My guess is that the one smoking the cigar is Smiley, the one wearing the hat is Slick, and the one with the mustache is Mug."
"Wrong. All wrong," said Stu.
Just then, the one with the mustache got up from the table. "It's time we took off, Slick," he said. The two got up and all three left, without another word.
"Take another guess," said Stu. "Which one is which?"
"I don't need to guess," Donna DiAnsa said, putting her notebook away, and she correctly named the three men. "Your telling me I guessed all wrong--and those few words from the one with the mustache--was all I needed to put the right labels on them."
Can you correctly label the three men?

3 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I've got it.

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:31:00 AM, Blogger Caci said...

hmmm....check your email!

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:38:00 PM, Blogger Caci said...

yes...you are now officially the winner! don't know if anyone else even knows I put up a puzzle??? I will be posting another one soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home